Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Testosterone shortage and pleas for a girly-girl vote

In a family with three boys, it would be natural for our fourth child, a girl, to be a complete tomboy. The reality, though, couldn't be farther from the truth. All the testosterone seems to have been used up on her three big brothers, leaving our little one to be a complete girly-girl. Hello, lip gloss and hair bows, dreams of modeling and dancing. Now we talk of hairstyles, clothing, and always the coordinating accessories. Make way for American Girl and Barbie, Littlest Pet Shop and Loving Family dollhouses, and most certainly for Fancy Nancy.

Here's a site I visited because we are such huge fans of the Fancy Nancy books.
http://www.bookweekonline.com. Vote now for Robin Preiss Glasser!

The stories are clever and splendidly entertaining, but the illustrations are what makes these books so magical, fantastic, and absolutely gorgeous. (Note that I am trying to use my fancy words.) Illustrator Robin Preiss Glasser is nominated for a 2010 Children's Choice Book Illustrator of the Year award for her work in Fancy Nancy: Explorer Extraordinaire! You can help her win by voting at the Children's Book Week website I've posted above.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Thanks for that wonderful endorsement of my work on Fancy Nancy! This is the third year of the Children's Choice Book Awards, and the third year I have been nominated for Illustrator of the Year...never winning (yet!), which around my house fuels the joke that I'm the biggest loser...but anyone who wants to vote for me, I'd certainly be grateful!! Warmly, Robin Preiss Glasser

mnmsalyer said...

Oh my goodness. Is it really you? I'm so glad to know that you are able to see this and see what a difference your work makes in the lives of little girls (and thrilled mommies) everywhere! Congratulations on your successes and sincere wishes for even bigger success to come. You're the clear winner in our household! (Not any kind of loser at all, in our eyes.)