Sunday, May 12, 2013

Trilogies are my Godot

I'd like to not find out about any more trilogies or series books until all the books in the series have been published. I practically devour books when I get into their stories and it's very difficult for me to wait for authors to complete and publish their follow-ups. So many series these days are written not so much as independent, complete books that build on or add to related stories but really more as one really long story that is broken up into several books. I am not very patient about waiting to have access to the next part of the story. Sometimes I think the authors aren't able to do their best work, as well, because they are feeling pressured to get those other books published in time to satisfy eager fans. Hmmm. What's the solution?

No comments: